Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Tracey Filsinger and I love Volleyball. The trouble is, in our small town, I only get to play through the school for six weeks out of the year. Our local recreation district does not offer volleyball for my age group at this time. This is sad, and it makes competing against other schools harder on us. Most other athletes in other cities and towns have sports clubs where they have opportunities to play their sport year round. If we wanted the same advantage we would have to beg our parents to drive us down the mountain every night.
- It just so happens that a very generous group of adults have decided to start a Volleyball Club! Last year was all about putting their foot in the door for the first time and they only had one team involved. It took a lot of self-funding to make it through. This year the coaches are going volunteer their time and effort to get this going for us again. Only this time, we are adding a second team. A younger team. A middle school age team! This is where I fit into this :-)
- Having our own club means we can practice up here in our own home town, and on the weekends we get to drive down the mountain to compete against other clubs!
Why I'm Raising Funds
- I am raising funds because starting up a sports club doesn't come cheap. There are registration fees to become an actual club that can compete against others, there is insurance, if we want to register as a non-profit there is a hefty fee to get the paperwork doen, there are uniforms we must have, gym fees to practice during the week, tournament fees, traveling costs, lodging and meals during the two and three day long tournaments. Most clubs also have added fees because the coaches are paid...but we are so blessed to have volunteer coaches for this club season, to keep all the costs as minimal as possible. Still, without your support, each family/athlete would be looking at financial hardships. Some families can pay more than others, and some can't afford it at all. We want Volleyball Club to be available to any girl who has a passion for the sport and wants to join us, regardless of ability to pay their share of the costs.
- Estes Park Volleyball Club is headed by Sammi Coleson, who is also head coach of the high school girls' club team. Assisting her is Dan Marshall and also an EPHS senior, Bailey Ash. Let's not forget to mention that Bailey's mother Wendy Ash, who also has a hand in the Boosters for our school sports, is a valued asset in this Club adventure. Head coach for the middle school girls' team will be Kara Steckline, and Kayla Decker is considering being assistant coach.
- All the parents of the girls in the Club are all doing their own parts to make this happen. Carpooling, meal and snack planning and providing, and any other tasks we ask of them! This is truly a volunteer based program just getting its roots.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to get to know about our Club. If you feel you can help us out in any way, no donation is ever too little! Every dollar will go toward all neccessary costs to build this Club.