Welcome to Our Rally Campaign
- We are Richmond Area Diving, an age group springboard and platform diving team affiliated with both AAU Diving and USA Diving located in Richmond, VA. Our team has had state, regional, and national champions in the past four years, and are eager to continue getting better.
- We are fundraising to purchase a dryboard set up for our dryland room (portable stand with fulcrum assembly, landing pit, video camera, and tv with mount). At this point in time, we are already in possession of a diving board that we can use as a dryboard, but need the other equipment in order to be able to use the board. This equipment is critical to our team's continued success as facilities in the area are not always available for practice, and there are no dryboards currently in the entire city of Richmond. This is an essential piece of training equipment for any competitive springboard diving team. Below is a picture of a standard dryboard set up:
Why We Are Raising Funds
- The funds will go exclusively toward the purchase of the equipment necessary for a dryboard set up in our existing dryland room. The cost of a dryboard stand is approximately $2,700 + tax + shipping, the cost of a landing mat is approximately $2,790 + tax + shipping, and any extra funds will go toward purchasing a second tv, wall mount, TiVo Playback System, and Video Camera needed for video playback and analysis.
How We Got Here
- Our team has been experiencing tremendous success through hard work and dedication but has definitely had to overcome obstacles to achieve what we have. With facilities few and far between in the Richmond area, no pools within a 70-mile radius have either a separate diving well or a diving platform. The University of Richmond, our main training site, has the only three-meter springboard in the entire city and we only have access to it 6.5 hours per week most weeks, and there are some weeks we only have access 4 hours or less. These facility limitations make dryland so very critical for our team's success.
- A huge thank you to our coaching staff, parents, divers, and sponsors for supporting and believing in our team. You make all of this possible!
Join Our Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you so much for supporting our campaign and please help us spread the word on social media! We greatly appreciate your support towards our goal!