Welcome to Our Rally Campaign
- Introduce yourself and your sport. We are the Santa Fe Inferno Wetherington 14U Fastpitch Travel Club in Alachua, FL; we're located just outside Gainesville, FL. We're a year-round travel team that competes in the state of Florida, and other states in the southeast. We play in USSSA, PGF, USFA, USA, etc. associations.
- Our primary goal is to help support girls that want to play softball at a high level and extend their playing career into college. Travel softball is very expensive, and to help keep the cost down on player expenses, we fundraise throughout the year to help pay for tournaments, camps and clinics, showcases, and team equipment.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- We're fundraising to help purchase necessary team equipment that we use to take to the ballfield with us for practice and tournaments. We do not have our own field, so team equipment is a yearly financial burden for the players and parents. This fundraiser will be used to purchase softballs and buckets for practices and games, portable nets for hitting drills, and portable pitching screens to protect pitchers and coaches during drills in practice and pre-game.
- Raising money to pay for team equipment lowers the cost for each player on our team.
How I Got Here
- Our team is coming off of a successful Fall 2017 Season; we were 21-18-2 as a team. We finished in the top 10 at the USSSA Central Florida State Championship. We had one tournament win, and one tournament as a runner-up. Most of our tournament finishes were in the top 4.
- I'm teacher and coach at our nearby high school. From my experience at the college level all the way to the youth level, fundraising is vital to the support and success of our young athletes. Without that kind of support, we would lose good kids, parents, and key stakeholders in our community.
- I would like to thank our coaches for their time and commitment to our program. We do not charge a fee for our coaches; they do not get paid to coach. We bring quality instruction and leadership because we want our girls to succeed in achieving their dreams. It's a passion of ours.
- I want to thank our parents for their support and commitment. They give up a lot to spend countless weekends at the ballpark or practice field all day, so their daughters can play a game that they love and enjoy. They are also our little army that helps the girls transition to-and-from the ballfield, and they do a terrific job supporting the coaches with all the things the girls need.
- I would also like to thank the friends of our players, parents and coaches. You're the ones liking our photos, and reading up on or progress, and we also know your the ones kicking in a $20 here-and-there to support our girls.
- I would also like to thank our sponsors with helping purchase team needs in the past and/or contributing with an end-of-the-year championship tournament.
- Finally, I want to thank the players for their absolute commitment to the team. Their trust and effort in doing everything the coaches ask and then some for their teammates because it's what the team needs. It's an unselfish relentless attitude that makes it easy to show up and coach these girls on a daily basis.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Please help our team by supporting our cause; we ask, at minimum, to please share our Rally with all of your friends via the social media share buttons on our page.