Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Lucy-Belle is a talented and successful foil fencer.
- She has been selected for one of only four u17 GBR squad places to compete at the European Championships, Russia 1st-6th March 2018.
- Lucy-Belle has just turned 14, and the youngest GBR squad member.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- British Fencing lost their funding and all trips/training/equipment are 100% funded by the athlete. Fencing is an expensive sport with a full kit of uniform costing more than £1500 and blades over £100 each, and 4 or 5 are needed at any time.
- The cost of competing in the European Championship in Russia for a week is significantly high.
- There is a need to attend a GBR training weekend in preparation for the European Championships with the British squad and coaches. A small part of the funds will be used to pay for Lucy-Belle's flights to the GBR squad training weekend in Modling, Austria where Lucy-Belle will compete in her first U20 World Cup.
- The rest of the funds will pay for her flights to Russia, accommodation for a week in the Sochi Olympic Village, entry fee to the competition and associated costs of the week-long competition.
How I Got Here
- Lucy-Belle started fencing when she was 6 because she wanted to be a Viking.
- Since then Lucy-Belle has become one of the most dedicated and consistently high performing U17 GBR fencer, often achieving success against fencers three -seven years older than her.
- Her recent success in the Junior U20 British Ranking competitions winning two bronze medals against fencers up to seven years older than her has shot her rankings up into the top 15 GBR fencers in the U20 ranking series.
- Lucy-Belle is currently fourth in the GBR U17 rankings and first in the England U15 rankings.
- She is three times British Champion.
- In the world-class and highly competitive Paris Fleurette Marathon she finished with a medal on the podium and the highest ranked GBR fencer.
- Lucy-Belle trains six days a week, on a self-determined training program to achieve her goals of achieving success as a fencer. The Olympics is a long-term goal, however, there are many more goals to reach before this is a possibiliy.
- Lucy-Belle won the Lancashire Telegraph 'Young Sports Personality' of the year when she was just 10 years old. When asked how she coped with nerves on piste, she answered "I just think about one point at the time, nothing else matters."
- To keep up with fencers in other countries, such as USA, China, Italy and Russia, that are significantly better funded, Lucy-Belle now needs some help to continue to attend International competitions and test herself against the best fencers in the world.
- Thanks go to coaches, GBR Talent Programm team and British Fencing for supporting Lucy-Belle with her training plans and development.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you for considering joining Lucy-Belle's team! Please share my Rally via Facebook, Twitter, blogging and email – just hit the social media buttons on this page and you will help Lucy-Belle reach my goal!