Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Shirlene Hippensteel and I am from Napoleon Missouri. I have enjoyed cycling most all of my life. I have been struggling with MS and positional vertigo and can no longer ride a regular bike. I need to stay active and continue to move for my health.
- Though I do not compete I enjoy traveling with a trike when possible to bike trails around the country with my sister. This helps keep me in the game so to speak. I am raising 3500 to purchase a catrike 559. Catrike is the only recumbent folding trike that is made in the USA and the 559 is the only one tall enough for me to successfully get in and out of without help.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- The funds will be used to purchase a catrike 559.
How I Got Here
- I was a very active adult. Cycling, swimming, tennis etc. then I was hit with MS and IC (interstitial cystitis) I went from an active lifestyle to focusing all of my energy to recover my health. Recently I have had the opportunity to borrow a recumbent and travel to bike trails across the country with my sister. Getting that active again has been a tremendous boost to my health. I would like to be able to purchase a trike to use regularly at home. Hopefully can get in shape enough to participate in rally’s, fundraising rides etc.
- Because of my positional vertigo and other diagnosis I was force out of my job to disability. Because of this putting aside funds for this type of purchase is extremely unlikely.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank You to all who read this and want to help. Please share and help me raise the funds to make this purchase to get back to my active life