Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Our names are Luke and Alex Mallen. We are twin 10 year olds from Sandy, UT who ride and compete at a high level in the sport of downhill mountainbiking.
- Currently our goal is to race, train and most of all have fun with our friends, teammates and competitors form around the world.
- We are creating this Rally so that we can join our Commencal Jr. Cartel teammates at Whistler for the Crankworx A Line Invitational, and three ProGRT races.
Why We are Raising Funds
- This year we are trying to raise funds that will assist in our coaching and travel fees to our first ProGRT races, as well as the A Line Invitational at Crankworx in Whistler. We are currently the two youngest from the state of Utah to be invited ( only 33 kids worldwide have been invited to participate), and would love to be able to meet and compete against other kids from around the world in our age categorty. The funds we raise will be used to pay for our Outlaw Mountainbike Team coaching fees, as well as our travel, lodging and race entry fees while we are out on the road with the team.
How We Got Here
- Alex and Luke have been riding bikes from a very young age. They started riding in the Canyons Bikepark ( which is currently offline) at 4 1/2 years old. Garnering a love for speed and air, as they got older, they proceeded to get faster and more brazen. My husband and I realized that they needed professional coaching and found the Outlaw Mountainbike Team, a gravity oriented team lead by head coach Tyson Henrie. Under his watchful eye, he guided the boys and is teaching them how to go as fast as possible as safely as possible. With the team, the boys have been extended some amazing opportunities to travel and race. Currently, Luke and Alex are the two youngest kids, at 10 years old, to have been asked to join the Commencal Rider Development Jr. Cartel. This is a huge honor, and we are incredibly grateful for this opportunity.
- The challenges and obstacales we face are financial. The boys are very talented, and finding that balance between allowing for opportunity, and how to make it financially feasible has become increasingly difficult. With the increasing cost of living, as well as managing travel schedules, we have found ourselves stretched.
- We would not be able to do any of this without the guidence of our parents Liz and Tony Mallen. As well as all of the helpful supportive people who have donated time and money to assist us getting to where we are today. We want to especially thank Head Coach and Founder of the Outlaw Mountainbike Team, Tyson Henrie for beleiving in us and instilling in us that anything is possible, if you put your mind to it.
- We would also like to thank all of our amazingly supportive sponsors. Without the product assistance we receive, we would not be where we are today.
- Commencal bikes, Magura Brakes, Kenda Tires, Sp2Life Spirulina , Leatt Protectives and Demon United.
- Photo by Steven lloyd
Join Our Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you for taking the time to read this Rally! Please share with your friends and family on social media, email or carrier pigeon!
Homie @ RetroCustomMetals
Nick & Alison Beatty
Robert and Patricia McDonald