Hi there! I'm Natasha Rodriguez, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) blue belt under team Atos Philippines. Growing up, I have always been into sports. I've tried kickball, swimming, volleyball, but no other sport has touched me the way BJJ has.
BJJ for Me
It all started one fateful night in August of 2008, when a friend at a party randomly told me about BJJ. Out of interest and curiosity, I tried it out, and since then I have not stopped training. This art and sport has affected my life tremendously. Through the guidance of our coaches, this sport has taught me honesty, humility, integrity and honor. It has helped embrace myself for who I am, and most of all, it made me feel empowered as a woman. When I started competing, there were barely any women competing in the sport. It came to a point when I had to join the men's division just so I could compete, and with the combination of technique and will power, I actually placed a couple of times.
BJJ for Women
There is a wrong notion of intimidation with BJJ or even sports in general that I wish to change, especially for women. Being in the sport for more than half a decade has showed me my capacity as an individual, my capacity as a woman, because in BJJ, technique and will power are key to success, and regardless of gender or any kind of stereotype, you can win. This sport has brought out the strength in me, not just physically. It has made me face the other aspects of my life with the same mindset. Aside from being an athlete, I am also an entrepreneur and a spiritual healer.
My BJJ Highlights
2009 ALAXAN FR PhilippinesBrazilian Jiu Jitsu Novice Championships 1st place
October 3, SM Manila 3rd place Mens Galo (under 58kg)
2010 Philippine International BJJ Open 1st place Women's Pesado
2010 Philippine Brazilian Jiujitsu National Championship Womens Blue Belt Open Weight 3rd Place
March 13, 2010 Rollapalooza 5 Bjj Open 3rd place Men's feather weight division
February 22, 2014 Philippine International Jiujitsu gi and no gi open 3rd place
November 8, 2014 2nd Place Asian Open Brazilian Jiujitsu IBJJF Women’s Open Weight Nagoya Japan
3rd Place Asian Asian Open Brazilian Jiujitsu IBJJF Women’s -70kg Nagoya Japan
January 31,2015 2nd Place Women’s Open weight Philippine BJJ International Open
3rd place Women’s -70kg Philippine BJJ International Open
The IBJJF World Championships 2015
The world championships, held in Long Beach California end of May every year, is the most prestigious competition in the sport of BJJ. To win a gold medal in that competition is one of the highest achievements a BJJ practitioner can aim for. My hope is to win in the world championships, to help inspire women, especially my fellow Filipinas. I wish to show that we Filipino women are capable of achieving the highest of goals.
My target amount: $8,000
(For 2 months)
Visa application $200
Roundtrip plane ticket $1400
Training fees $1000
Competition fees (I plan to join smaller competitions in the US leading to the world championships) $400
Should you be interested, I would like our relationship to be mutually beneficial and am open to requests to maximize exposure and benefits for your company in my endeavors. Below are possible ways in which your company may benefit from taking part in this journey:
- I will mention your company in all social networking sites I am an active member of such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- I can also give team building workshops for your employees on the Ho’Oponopono (An ancient Hawaiian technique based on Huna tradition. Its focus is conflict resolution, resolving relationship issues, trouble at work, financial issues, recurring life patterns, negative beliefs, conflicts with clients and co-workers and the pursuit of individual goals. Ho’oponopono is a spiritual process that can be interpreted as meaning a path towards completeness.
- If you are open to energy healing I am a certified Theta healer, Reiki, Pranic Healing and Access Body Talk, Millennium Method- Biotoxins and can give you X number of sessions.
- I will give you a set of my flagship product called the Mulberry Healing oils.
- I can teach the TRE classes for your company X a week in Ultimate Fitness Metrowalk maximum of 15 students per class. (This is subject to studio room availability)
You may get in touch with me through my contact details below should you have any queries regarding my proposal. Thank you very much for your time.
Natasha Claparols Rodriguez
TELEPHONE +632 9294549