70% of kids are QUITTING sports by the age of 13!!!
Sports have a direct effect on youth development. They provide valuable exercise and reduce the risk of chronic diseases; in addition, engaging in organized sports can have profound positive psychological effects on kids. The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports reports that the percentage of overweight youth 6 to 19 has tripled since 1980. Sports also teach children essential life skills: intrinsic motivation, proper social skills, and the right habits for living holistic effective lives (see diagram below).
Participation in sports influences children to take education more seriously, deterring delinquency and lowering risks of dropping out of school, claims the NYU Child Study Center; adding that sports also help kids learn to set goals and how to work hard to achieve them, thinking critically through tough decision (sacrifice).
Direct benefits from sports:
- Increased self-esteem and self-awareness (knowing their abilities and overcoming limits)
- Higher test scores and college attendance rates (discipline and focus)
- Team work & problem solving skills (breaking egocentric viewpoints and shows how one's actions affect others)
- Respect for and from authority (trust built in taking instruction from coaches and sport officials)
- Opportunities to learn about how to be a good leader (which is an invaluable skill for an adult)
With your help WE CAN change this devastating statistics.
Starting this January we will dramatically affect change in the lives of young student athletes in the Kansas City area. It is our goal to provide 500+ student athletes grade 4th - 12th in the Kansas City Public Schools (33 District) the opportunity to grow their physical fitness (health and nutrition), their mental well-being (performance anxiety self-confidence), and their ability to build the right relationships having fun with others learning the game of basketball.
Teaming up with the Hy-Vee Arena, the You Hoop Organization and the Triumph Program; we can collectively provide better opportunities for at-risk student athletes allowing them to participate in sports, and gain all the benefits they offer.
Together we have adopted 8 schools; 4 from Kansas and 4 from Missouri, to be among the first youth participants to compete in the brand new Hy-Vee Arena (formarerly the Kemper Arena).
With your donations these schools will receive the following opportunities:
8 weeks of Training and Competition
- Leadership Training
- Functional Movement Training
- Basketball Skills Training
- Mental Wellness Coaching
- 3 on 3 Basketball League
Each school will get to host 8 teams, affording 320 young student athletes 10 - 13 years old the opporunity for a life impacting experience.
Kansas Schools: (160 Students)
1. J.A. Rodgers
2. Noble Prentis School
3. M.E. Pearson Elementary
4. Westwood View Elementary
Missouri Schools: (160 Students)
1. Longfellow School
2. Faxon Elementary
3. Gordon Park Elementary
4. Our Lady of Guadalupe
Total Number of Participants: (320 Students)
4th Grade = 80 Students
5th Grade = 80 Students
6th Grade = 80 Students
7th Grade = 80 Students
What's going on in the 33 District:
The average income is $28K, 80% of adopted schools students are on free lunch
School attendance is down 15% from 2010
Underage drinking (9-12th Grade) is up to 70.5% with 20.4% having their first drink by age 13* (State of Missouri)
Why kids are quitting
Finances ("pay to play" costs have increased beyond their means with little to no assistance)
- No longer fun (win at all cost programs produce excess pressures)
- Access to sports: location and transportation (20+ schools closed since 2010)
Your help is vital to our mission to develop leaders and building champions for life.
Help us raise the $7,000 necessary to give this opportunity
to 300 Children this New Year!
All fees collected will go toward the following program expenses:
- Gym Rental Fees
- Insurance Fees
- Player Meals
- Social Events
- License and Certification Fees
Any amount is a step in the right direction, thank you in advance!
We know that money can be tight, so please know that even $5 helps us get closer to our goal! You can also help by sharing our cause with your friends and family network.
We would greatly appreciate your giving and efforts.
If you would like to find out more about our services and the impact we will make this year, follow us!
Program Service Providers
- Program Provided by the ADREEAM Foundation - www.adreeam.org
- Basketball Services Provided by You Hoop Organization - www.youhoop.org
- Mental Training Provided by Triumph Program - www.triumphprogram.com
- Functional Movement Training Provided by 4th Quarter Training
- Program Sustained by the charitable donations of amazing people, LIKE YOU!!!!
THANK YOU FOR GIVING AND SHARING OUR CAUSE!
YOU HAVE HELPED TO INFLUENCE A YOUNG LIFE!
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.Join Rally Roster
Russ & Annie Keller
Adam and Jody Steven