To the Friends and Family of Lake Washington Football Players
Football players need “grit,” or the determination and strength to rise to the next level. At Lake Washington High School, the letters G.R.I.T. mean so much more to our football players. They stand for Gratitude, Respect, Integrity, and Team, values that our coaches address with players every day. You see, football at Lake Washington is so much more than just a sport - it teaches our athletes attributes that will help them to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The Lake Washington Kangs Gridiron Club, the booster club for LW Football, needs your help to continue supporting our football program, which is one of the largest in the state. While the school district provides some funding for equipment and coaches, many “extras” do not qualify for funds. Your LW Gridiron Club, with your valuable support, ensures that our players have the latest in safe equipment, a highly trained coaching staff, and equal access to the football program regardless of a family’s ability to pay. Our team’s needs are great, and your help is essential!
With each dollar donated by you, the Gridiron Club is able to provide:
- Football Equipment – To improve player safety, we assist with the ongoing purchase of quality, updated equipment so that all players have the safest gear available for games and practices.
- Scholarships for Camp Casey – We provide scholarships to players who would otherwise be financially unable to attend our annual team-building summer football camp at Camp Casey.
- Video Equipment – We purchase video equipment, an expense not covered by the school district, to provide an essential teaching tool for coaches and players. We recently acquired a new end-zone camera and related equipment to improve the quality of end-zone video, but we are still in need of new video equipment for use in the press box.
- Video Review – We provide the team with a recently-upgraded annual subscription to “Hudl,” a video program which allows coaches and players to reliably review game footage after a game, and more importantly, on the sidelines during a game.
- Coaching Stipends and Coach Training – We provide stipends to all coaches for their hard work during the season as they teach our players the fundamentals, safety, and values of football. We also ensure that coaches are available to supervise our team’s off-season weight lifting workouts so that our players can safely stay in shape.
- Team Dinners – We fund weekly team dinners during the season, a highlight of the week for our players. The entire team enjoys a hearty meal prepared by our team of volunteers, hears from a motivational speaker, and spends time bonding off the field.
- Special Events – Donations sponsor our much-loved team traditions during the season, including Mom’s Night, Dad’s Night, Senior Night, and the end-of-season banquet. We also provide the players with special treats during the season, such as ice cream during summer practices.
Thank you for partnering with your LW Kangs Gridiron Club to continue to help us build a Championship Caliber Football Team! Your donation is a vital investment not only in our team’s success, but in the futures of our players and the coaches who inspire them.