Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Press Forward Hoops a not-for-profit organization awaiting 501(c)(3) status. Press Forward Hoops (PFH) is a free developmental basketball program for youth ages 12-17 throughout Philadelphia. Our program focuses both on skill and character development. PFH reshapes the fundamentals of basketball while emphasizing the importance of academics, leadership, goal settings, and teamwork.
- We strive to create a fun and energetic environment where youth can learn and grow with basketball training tailored to their skill level. We offer team training to enforce the importance of organized and team basketball. With one-on-one drills, our coaches work on enhancing strengths and improving weaknesses.
Why We’re Raising Funds
The funds rasied will be used to pay for gym rental, as well as the publication of our webpage to give parents/athletes access to our events year round. Funds will also be used for the following:
- Gym Rental (majority of cost)
- Equipment Cost
- Tournament/Fundraiser fees
- Insurance Fees
How We Got Here
- Our founder grew up in a single parent home in North Philadelphia where funds were tight and her mother could not afford to pay for her to attend AAU or any skills and drills camps. She spent many years playing basketball at recreation centers trying to improve her game. Due to her small stature and gender she was often overlooked and under utilized on many open runs, and free team workouts. She never let adversity win, and made a name for herself by staying in the gym and perfecting her craft. While working to improve her game, she was able to get scouted to continue to play the game she loved at the collegiate level. She played 4-years in the USCAA and PSCUA conference. From there she always dreamed of starting a basketball organization that would allow youth who grew up playing recreation basketball or who’s family couldn’t afford to pay into their “hobby” the opportunity to work with collegiate athletes. One of our core focuses is to show youth no matter where you come from, no matter your situation with hard work and dedication you CAN make it to where you want to go!
- PFH is operated by a group of energetic leaders looking to provide opportunities for youth to play organized basketball without the expense. Our program allows youth to work with former collegiate athletes who come with much experience and from various backgrounds. Our coaches want to build a platform for the future leaders to become successful in every aspect of life. PFH offers interactive off-court sessions focused on college support, career exploration, time management, and health and wellness awareness.
- We would like to thank our trainers for volunteering countless hours to providing youth with top-notch training on-court. A big thank you to our program director who keeps so much of our program going off-scene.Our board of directors who strive to keep fresh ideas coming.
- Our biggest and most important thank you goes to all the youth and parents who believe in us!
- We are a well-oiled machine and will only continue to grow with your support!
Join My Team and Spread the Word!