I cannot put into words how grateful I am for all of the support, kind words, and donations I have been showered with in the past months. What a great community I am blessed to be apart of. The OCU season has gone very well. Two weeks ago, we traveled to Gainesville, Georgia for the John Hunter Regatta. We raced in the windy conditions Oklahoma has us accustomed to and placed first in the women's varsity 8. This was an excellent confirmation that all of the hours of work put in during our Spring Break trip in Natchitoches, Louisiana were well worth it.
In the coming weeks, we head to our next race. SIRAS, or Southern Intercollegiate Rowing Association, will take place on April 18-19th in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. We have been chipping away better results each year at the race, and this year we want a medal. To do so will be a challenge, but I know that it is one we are prepared for. I am thankful for this type of high stakes racing experience in the months leading to South Korea.
As of today, my campaign has 44 days left. Please consider joining my team and helping me get to the World University Games.
Wow! Thank you all SO MUCH for the support so far. I have reached my first deadline of $750 by February 1st! This allows me to officially commit to the team. The next deadline is March 1st and will be for another $1,060. I am so just humbled and blown away by everyone's willingness to help me achieve my goals. Thank you so much!
Three years ago, I was working full time and had no real idea as to how I would finish college. A kayaking trip at the Boathouse downtown led to an encounter with a kind man who said “Hey. You’re tall. You should row.” I searched rowing on YouTube and was intrigued. It did not take long for me to join a team that met twice a week.
I was starting to pick up the basics, but I wanted more. A sign was posted around the Boathouse looking for athletes who wanted more of a challenge. Long story short, I accidentallly tried out for the High Performance team. Being not quite to the standards of the Olympians on that team, the coach offered to introduce me to the coach of the Oklahoma City University women’s rowing team. This school had been my dream school. I signed to join the team, got accepted, and started working my butt off. Literally.
40 pounds gone, and 2 years later I am a mentally and physically stronger version of myself. Being a member of this team has absolutely changed my life in ways I never thought possible. Credit to these improvements in my life goes to my wonderful community of coaches, teammates, family, and friends. There is no way I could be an athlete, student, employee, or human without the exceptional support and grace shown to me by all of you.
Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- I am so excited and honored to have been named a member of the USA team going to Gwangju, South Korea to compete at the 2015 World University Games. This event is second in size only to the Olympics.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- To make it to South Korea, I will need roughly $5,000. FUN FACT: The United States is one of the few countries that does not provide government funding to any of its national teams. That means our team, just like those going to the Olympics, has to find its own funding to travel and compete at these events.
- This amount will cover my stay in the Athlete Village, plane tickets, equipment rental, uniforms, and other registration fees.
- I need your help reaching my goal. To the right, you will see a myriad of reward options. Some are silly and some are pretty cool. You are more than welcome to give as little as $5 or as much as you please. There is no way I can do this without you. I know that I am surrounded by an amazing community.
- America is my favorite country. Oklahoma City is my favorite home. Please help me as I represent both of them on an international level.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Your support and encouragement means so much. This is such an exciting time, and it is made all the more special that I am able to share it with you.
- Tell your friends! Feel free to share this puppy everywhere. Let's scream it from the Internet rooftops.
Select A Support Level
$25PERSONALIZED THANK YOU BOOKI will inscribe a personal message in a book. This will not be a book I have written, but will be a keepsake to be treasured for years to come.
$35SIGNED HEADSHOTSHere at Oklahoma City University, we are surrounded by some of the best and brightest young actors in the nation. Sheer probability would lead us to believe that at some point, one of them will be famous or at least an extra in Law and Order: SVU. A group of these fine thespians have offered to donate a signed and personalized headshot. This may be worth at least $35, one day.
$50CAT PORTRAITArtistic genius Colby Moore captured this moment between myself and my cat, Albus. A perfect conversation piece for your next dinner party.
$75PERSONALIZED POST CARD FROM SOUTH KOREAI think the title says it all.
$125SOUTH KOREAN SOUVENIRDuring my travels, I will procure the most unique item just for you. I cannot promise exactly what it will be, but I can promise that it will be something reeeeaaallll special.
$250BOATHOUSE TOURTogether, we will embark upon a magical journey of the Boathouse District. We will venture to the land of ergs, boats, and oars. I will teach you how to row in our Dynamic High Propulsion Tank. You will get a behind the scenes look at the OKC National High Performance Center, where we will be training for the upcoming World University Games. This place is really special, and I love sharing it with people. You must travel to OKC for this reward, as science has not managed teleportation of solid objects yet. Redeemable any time you are in the city. (Photo: USRowing)
$750LIMITED EDITION TEAM USA PINWe will be given 10 USA pins to trade with other countries. My slight hoarder tendencies urge me to keep all of them, but I will share one with you. Also included is the book, tour, both pictures, and approximately 5,697 hugs to be delivered over the rest of my life.