Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Hello, my name is Nia Smith. I am 13 years old and I am an 8th grader at Autrey Mill Middle School (AMMS). I have been playing Volleyball for a little over a year now. I have played for Johns Creek High School (JCHS) Jr. Gladiators A team. I was team manager for the AMMS Volleyball team. I couldn’t love anything more than Volleyball.
- The goal is to have the opportunity to play at Atlanta Extreme Volleyball Club (AEVC) on the Regional Team.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- The funds will help me with my AEVC Regional Team fees, uniform and travel to out of state tournaments.
How I Got Here
- Playing for AEVC would be amazing for me since it was the first place I have ever took Volleyball lessons. After that my skills continued to increase. The coaches gave me the best Volleyball training I had and I want to continue to better my skills at AEVC.
For me, one of my greatest aspirations would have to be becoming a Paleontologist (study of dinosaurs and fossils). I always knew that I had a great love for the prehistoric life that once roamed planet earth. I aspire to attend University of Georgia (UGA) to study Paleontology. I intend to be close with my family members and hopefully become a good role model to younger generations in my family.
I am a straight A student. Because of this, I had been invited to the Junior Beta Club. Junior Beta Club recognizes kids who accel in their academic classes and challenges them to do community service volunteering throughout the year. This year would be my second year with Junior Beta. This year, I have all advanced academic classes and some Talented and Gifted (TAG) classes. I have not yet earned any sports achievements but I will most definitely work hard to do so!
- I tried out for the AEVC Academy. The AEVC Director recommended me for the Regional Volleyball team, which is at a higher level. She said, she liked my skills and personality. Moving from the Academy to the Regional team is a cost change. But, this would be a great opportunity for me to play Volleyball on a whole new level.
Andrew L Smith