Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- I am the founder and Executive Director of the Loudoun County Heroes Hockey Incorporated. We are an officially recognized 501c3 operating in Loudoun County Virginia.
- Our goal is to raise funds to help mitigate the expense for our local heroes (First Responders, Government Employees, Active Duty Military, and Military Veterans) to participate on Ice Hockey teams with their peers in locally established Ice Hockey leagues. These Heroes give so much to our community and this is our way of giving them an outlet to participate in a sport they love while making it reasonably affordable.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- Our organization is operated by an all-volunteer staff. Every dollar raised goes to help get our local Heroes enrolled in local Adult Hockey leagues on teams with peers from their perspective professions. The funds will help mitigate the league expenses and uniforms. Some of these teams will be participating in travel tournaments Nationally to represent Loudoun County. For teams participating in travel hockey, funds will be used to mitigate the expense of Tournament Fees, Travel, and Lodging.
How I Got Here
- I am a retired United States Army Officer. I got involved with Ice Hockey in 2013 when my oldest son started playing. I had always wished I had the opportunity when I was younger to get involved, but reluctantly, I never took up the sport. After encouragement from my son's coach and other parents, I enrolled in an adult learn to play class. It wasn't long before I was hooked, and I enjoyed playing so much that I wanted to share it with as many people as I could. As a Disabled Veteran dealing with Post Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury, and various other combat injuries, I found hockey to be a therapeutic outlet. I was a co-founder of the Capital Beltway Warriors Ice Hockey Incorporated in 2017 and shared many wonderful experiences with my fellow Disabled Veterans. The comradery shared between the members of that organization are far too great to explain in words. In early 2019, I wanted to put together a program that would focus on growing this wonderful sport in our local hockey venues and I wanted to share it with not only Military Veterans, but I also wanted to create a program that included our First Responders and members from our community employed by the Federal Government. The solution was the Loudoun County Heroes Hockey Incorporated, a Hockey Program to help organize, enroll, and manage these groups while providing a way to help them raise funds to make it affordable.
- We currently have our first team participating in a league at the Ashburn Ice House. This Team is called the Ashburn Veterans and they play in the D1 level Adult Hockey League. This Season, our members paid their own way to participate. We want to work hard to raise funds so that we can help lesson that burden for the Fall/Winter Season as well as raise funds to support additional First Responder, Government Employee, and Veteran Teams.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- I want to thank everyone who has helped us so far and I would appreciate you joining our cause and spread the word via the social media share buttons on this page.