Welcome to Westside Football's $15,000 for New Uniforms Rally Campaign
My name is Jon Wiley and I am the new Head Football Coach at Westside High School. Upon my return to my alma mater, my first goal was to evaluate and assess any and all obstacles that were preventing the program's success. Fortunately, there were several issues that I could fix almost immediately, while other's I would need help and time. The second goal, of course, was to weed out and attack those issues. So far that list includes...
- We've quickly instituted a collegiate style Strength and Conditioning Program. Many of our Students have put on considerable muscle mass and have significantly increased their 1 Rep Max in the Squat, Bench, and Clean. Strength is Confidence.
- We've been fortunate enough to recruit Coaches with legitimate backgrounds to our cause. Among those coaches, several have collegiate playing experience and ties to Westside. We want legitimate coaches who have an inherent pride in the program and in our kids. Augusta kids deserve the best chance to be successful and that starts with leadership.
- In anticipation of increased team size, we've updated the weight room to include additional squat racks and more. This will allow us to work all at once and in greater numbers. An Army of One. As Iron Sharpens Iron, Men Sharpen Men.
- We've purchased modern coaching technology that will put us on an equal playing field in the fall with wealthier schools.
- We've instituted an afternoon Study Hall to honor the title Student-Athlete. Academics is a Priority at Westside and our team will work in unison with the schools new AP Academy coming in the fall. Westside offers some of the best education in the area.
- Currently, our staff is working hard to finalize the details of our playbooks for the fall.
- Very Soon, summer will be here where we will begin installing the schemes for our offense, defense, and special teams units. Our players can anticipate a highly organized and meticulous program designed to give them a schematic edge on Friday Nights.
As you can see, The Patriot's have been working hard to gear up for the 2019 season, but as I said earlier, we still need your help.
Our Team's Uniforms are severely dated. Purchased almost a decade ago by Coach Gerald Barnes, they have served well, but today, many of the uniform's numbers are torn and faded beyond repair. As a Patriot, it meant a lot for me and my teammates to put on a Jersey that gave us a sense of pride, a sense of identity. On Fridays, player's wore their uniforms to school as an act of solidarity, as a symbol of our unity. I wasn't here this last fall, but I doubt our current uniforms instilled such pride and togetherness. That too must change.
- Our Goal is to raise $15,000 over the next 45 Days!
- This money will go directly to purchasing new uniforms. We are working with Johansens Sporting Goods on either Addidas or Under Armour Uniforms. 120 Total for Home and Away.
- While these brands are a bit more expensive, they will also last a great deal longer, and they will definitely give our community a renewed sense of pride when we run through the banner on August 16th.
- Additionally, these uniforms are made of compression or tight fitted material. This will give us a slight advantage versus would be holders and tacklers... you know the refs are bound to miss a few calls...
It is an Honor to be a Patriot once again, a task I do not take lightly. I will do everything in my power to make Westside what it has been and always should be, the Best Side. I hope you feel the same way. Thank you for your contributions in advance, I can't express the good it will do for the young men in our communities for years to come. Your donations are truly going to a noble cause. Thank you and as always...GO PATS!
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.Join Rally Roster