June 14, 2019
Kickin off my Rally@
BVCA NATIONAL CHAMPIOMSHOP RALLY 2019
I'm Azaule Jenkins. On the court I serve my opponents. In church I serve God.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- I started off with nothing, and I still have most of it left. I have been selected to compete in the 2019 BVCA National Championship in Hermosa Beach, CA in 30 days. My team spot came available only a few days ago. I must pay my travel from Texas, room, board, and fees- or forfeit. I did not train for forfeit. There's not any more hours in the day my mom can work and be healthy, and mamaw is so old she forgot how to read for fillin out them job applications, besides she already said she can't push a shovel "no more". So it's up to me to do the best I can, work hard, pray hard, and make a future for them and my little brother so he can have a fair chance.
How I Got Here
- I've always been athletic and competitive
- Mamaw said it's either a sports scholarship or I'd have to work in her bar, but then it got shut down after Bar Rescue because they couldn't rescue it.
- Every part of my life is a struggle.
- Training is struggle that strengthens.
- My life then is training.
- My purpose is competition.
- My mom has made so many sacrifices, that we don't have any goats left to sell for the costs of competing.
- Untill now I never considered the costs of competing, because sweat is free.
- I wasn't selected to compete because of my money, I was selected because of my ability.
- Back me to the National Championship, and I will compete for your business or charity, like I compete for myself.
- Joining my rally is a longterm investment. In 6 years I will be a veteran of the National Championship competing for a full scholarship to college. There is no greater value you can get for your money than changing someones life for the better.
- My mom who is my inspiration to work hard, never give up no matter what.
- My teammates because without them it's like being in front of a firing squad.
- My grandma for teaching me the business side, "because you can't eat trophies girl"
- My sponsors because without them I won't have the ability to compete in the Nationals. I'm only 12. My mom took a second job at night just to cover my lessons. I love volleyball and all sports, I want to be in the Olympics one day and sponsor girls like me who have no dad. I didn't know it would be this expensive to compete or I would have made my little brother mow grass or something instead of letting him watch TV while mom and me try to make make the world turn. Without your help, my mom's sacrifices and my hard work will be lost. We gave it everything we got, now we really need some gas money!
Join Team Azaule & Spread the Word!
Kickin off my Rally@