Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- My name is Johnathan Lipps. I am 13 years old and have a passion and love for the game of hockey. I have recently made the 14-U Select Team for Fort Wayne Force which has been a dream of mine. FWAHA and Fort Wayne Force has provided me with an opportunity to reach out for sponsorship and I would love your suuport.
- As a member of the select team, I am additionally required to play in the Force House League at Canlan. (I'm not mad about that! I love this game!) This season, I will play in a minimum of 46 games, 5 tournaments, 2 at our home rink in Fort Wayne and 3 Away. In addition to the 46+ games I will be playing, I will have a minimum of 73 practices and additional Performance and Goal Shooting practices.
- Many sports have kids like me knocking on your door to sell you way over priced items that you don't want or need and in turn the team or player only sees pennies on the dollar back from that. When you sponsor me, 100% of your sponsorship comes to me when you cover the platform fee. RallyMe provides the option for contributors to cover the service and credit card transaction fees associated with online fundraising. This means that 100% of a pledged contribution will go directly to me. My parents haven't purchased any cool swag or anything for me to give you on behalf of your sponsorship but it is tax deductible and I hope in return I can provide you much excitement on the ice! I hope that you will follow me on this dream and watch me grow as an individual and a player.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- Well. . . I'm 13 years old and I don't have a job. . . (Just Kidding!) I love the game of hockey and it comes with a lot of experience and expense. Your sponsorship will help me with everything from uniforms and equipment, to travel expenses, training, fees, and ultimately the experience to keep playing hockey at an elite level which I hope will allow me to continue to elevate my game and allow me to keep playing in High School and beyond - I would love to someday be a Chicago Blackhawk - every athletes dream is to make it to that level!
How I Got Here
- I began skating at OSU Ice Rink at two years old. I was a rink rat! I spent much of my time on the OSU campus because my Aunt Shelly works for Men's Ice Hockey and my mom was working for Women's Ice Hickey. I was around hockey all of the time. I began watching the buckeyes and I wanted to play so badly. After much practice and convincing, my parents finally allowed me to play competitively at age 5. I played in Columbus, OH at Chiller North until we moved to Paulding, OH in 2015. After our move, I began playing in Fort Wayne , IN and have been playing in the house league at Canlan until this past Spring when I made the Select Team through Fort Wayne Amateur Hockey Association. Most recently, I tried out for and made the Select Team for the 2019-2020 Season and I am ready to get started! I will be playing for Fort Wayne Force 14-U Select Team. My love for the game continues to grow and I want to continue to elevate my skills in hopes that some day I can play beyond High School.
- I reccently attended HBH Hockey Camp in Charleston, SC. It was a great experience! I learned a lot of on ice and off ice skills that I can now use every day to eleveate my game it increased my passion for the game.
- I would like to thank my parents, Duane and Katie Gorrell and Nathan Lipps for supporting me by taking me to all of my practices and games, allowing me to continue to play a game I love and of course their financial help which has allowed me to play. I couldn't do this without them. I would also like to thank my grandparents Sherry Jackson and Larry and Sherry Gorrell for getting me to games and practices when my parents could not and just overall supporting my love of the game. Papa Jake, thank you for your help getting me to the rink when needed and always being there to cheer me on. To my Aunt Shelly who is the reason that I ended up even knowing what this game was, you are one of my biggest fans! Thank you for turning me into a rink rat and supporting me every step of the way. Someday I hope to walk through your office door on a recruiting visit and leave a BUCKEYE!
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you everyone for your support! I hope to see you all at the rink this season!