Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Hey guys, if you know me, you know I'm all about rugby! It's opened up unimaginable opportunities for me, and I have been lucky to be able to represent the United States internationally for the last 9 years. My dream has always been to go to the Olympics and I thought it was out of reach once I found out I could no longer play for the US. However, through an amazing turn of events, I now have the opportunity to represent my birth country, Colombia. Unfortunately, the team doesn't currently have the funding to bring me in for tryouts, which is why I am hoping you can help!
Why I'm Raising Funds
- The funds will go towards my plane ticket, food, and if possible, accommodations. If there is anything left over, I will use that to get some equipment, such as cleats and a mouth guard
How I Got Here
- Rugby has basically been my life for the past 10 years. Before that, I played D1 basketball at Siena Colege. I started playing rugby with a local club in DC -- the Furies -- because they basically wouldn't let me have it any other way. I then joined the Berkeley All Blues, where I have played since. I was a six-time national champ and two-time MVP. I have gone to two 15s World Cups, as well as a 7s World Cup with the US. Looking forward to keeping the dream alive!
- There are a ton of people that have helped me become the player and person I am today. First, my parents, who despite all the injuries, all the sacrifices and all the decisions I have made in favor of rugby (some of which they might argue were poor decisions) have always supported me. They are my biggest fans by far. My coach, Kathy Flores, who took the time to meet with me individually so that I could reach my full potential as a player. My teammates, all the supporters that come out to our matches, my friends -- there are too many to name just a few.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you for your support! I can't do it without you. Please help me reach my goal by sharing this via social media. Tweet it, share it, email it. Help bring the world more of these stiff arms!