Renegades first team is about to graduate high school
Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- I am Mark Shrum. I am a competitve youth soccer coach in Gillette, Wyoming. I am also the DOC for the Razor City Renegades Soccer Club. We are a relatively new club in the northeast part of the state.
- We are trying to raise $10,000.00 for our soccer club. Recently, the local economy has taken a very negative turn in the two major industries that are financially the foundation of our state. When the coal industry and the oil and gas industries are hurting in Wyoming there are many other services that feel that pain. Needless to say, with over a 200% rise in unemployment we understand soccer families and sponsors are finding it more diffcult to continue providing the financial support at the same levels as in the past.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- We are the most affordable competitive soccer club in our area. While we want to continue to provide soccer players a quality experience, I am recognizing the difficult path in front of our local and state economy.
- Any funds raised would immediately impact the players.
- Equipment for practices ie balls, cones, pinnies
- Player's costs and memberships for those who qualify for financial assistance.
- Coaching education or cetification - the person most responsible for helping the players to learn, enjoy, and compete in soccer is the coach. Coaches in our area are volunteers who have jobs and responsibilities outside of their free time. We want to make sure our coaches are able to afford coaching certification courses. These courses are not cheap
- We are a growing club due to our structure and the growth of soccer in our community. However, because we are designed to provide players the opportunity at the lowest rate we must rely on fundraising for some of the needs associated with operating a soccer club
How I Got Here
- I have been around youth soccer for 10 years. My boys fell in love with the sport and have never looked back. I was told we could play competitive soccer if we had someone willing to coach the new team. With no experience playing the game and realizing the opportunity to provide my son a chance to play soccer at a higher level, I dove in. I began taking coahing courses and working with the players. 10 years later, i am still working with my oldest son and have a great group of boys in the U14 division here in Wyoming.
- We have had to overcome great barriers to play soccer here in Northeast Wyoming. As I said earlier, we are a new club in Wyoming. We were not allowed to play in Wyoming Soccer Association for the previous 4 years. The existing clubs and state association did not want to allow a second soccer club to exist within the same town. We are a rural state with population issues that do provide complications in some of the communities. However, we were adamant about our concept and a our ideas concerning costs and playing opportunities. We discovered the US Club Soccer association and began playing at any venue that would allow us to play. While it hasn't always been easy for our families and players that have been shut out of local competitions we are a stronger and more cohesive soccer club due to our journey.
Razor City Renegades
Thank you and respect for the work and spirit which guides our club onward and upward.
Brent & Rebecca Knottnerus - founding member
Travis Nice & Maxine Nice - founding member
Marty & Amanda Phillips - founding member
Dave & Renae Rearick - founding member
Robert & Wendy Branscom - founding member
To all of our previous and current sponsors thank you for all that you have done.
We have finally made it.
Want to add more photos to your Rally description?
- Position your cursor where you want the photo.
- Click the image icon and upload. (Photo must be a jpeg or png, 1 MB or less.)
- Click on photo and drag corner to resize.
- Click on Formats tab to choose alignment and add border.