Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- We are your Jr Cycling Team with a mission to teach kids about bike racing for free. We accept any junior that wants to pedal and we do not charge a team fee. To that end we only have an income resource of a few small sponsors and gracious parent donations. We depend greatly on the good will of those who can provide support where possible. It takes a village.
- EVO Devo is a team founded in 2012 that is focused on developing youth cycling in the discipline of cyclocross. We have grown to be a recognizable junior team on the national level with a couple of National Championships and several national podiums. However, what we are most proud of is the number of kids we simply get on bikes riding and racing.
- We are a North Carolina Based team, with members across the entire state and also Tennessee.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- Funds will be used for team support: travel, team race expenses, training clinics, & fees. We support our riders weekly at 14 races in the North Carolina Cyclocross Series and select national level races. We are all volunteer, our other director Paul McKeithan and I often split venues to support our kids with course recon, teaching, tents, mechanical support, and occasionally a shoulder on a tough day. We incur expenses for event insurance, fees for tent space, support equipment, etc.
How I Got Here
- We started the team to provide an outlet for our kids to race. We noticed that several parents brought kids to races in NC but had no JR team of their own. Adult teams do not provide the support or comraderie that keeps kids engaged and cycling. This is particurlary true of female cyclists who are often alone in a sea of male riders. We have built a core group of young female riders who are now attracting younger riders due to the great relationships and environment that they've fostered. All of our riders are hugely supportive of one another and they take an active role in teaching and mentoring younger teammates.
- Challenges: Maintaining weekly support for the team. We often fund team necessities out of pocket. We love our team but for us to continue to grow and be successful, we need your help to develop a sustainable funding system. We do not want to charge a team fee because we want to attract anyone who wants to ride. Cycling is an expensive sport and adding team fees on top of race fees and equipment is a barrier we work hard to avoid. We have also garnered support for riders who lack the means to purchase bikes. We do what we can and local bike shops have been instrumental in helping us make this happen.
- Thank you to: Coach Sonni Dyer for his enduring enthusiasm for Jr Cycling. His vision and support keeps us going in the right direction; Coach Allison Arensman for her time spent mentoring and encouraging our kids; Clemmons Bicycle for being there at every NC race, providing support, wrenching, and grass roots support. Triangle Chiropractic for your support; and parents for trusting us with your awesome kids!
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you all for supporting EvoDevo! Please share our Rally page!
There are no updates yet.
J.A. King MTB Team