The top FEMALE soccer club team in Canada needs your support!
Welcome to Our Rally Campaign
- We are the North Shore Girls Soccer Club - a non-profit, community-based girls soccer club based in North Vancouver, BC. We are in our second year of entering and sponsoring a team in the Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL).
- NSGSC is very proud to have the only Canadian WPSL franchise in the 107 team USA league. We are an all-Canadian team of players that have progressed to the highest level of the Women’s game in either youth National team environments, NCAA schools or CIS schools.
Why We're Raising Funds
- Our club has the support and funding to provide the NSGSC Team the opportunity to play in the WPSL league which consists of 4 home and 4 away games. However, as a non-profit community-based club, we do not have the funds required to send our NSGSC WPSL team to the Regional Finals July 22-23rd in Southern California or National Championships if we were to successfully qualify for these two incredible events.
- We are currently leading the Northwest Division with 5 wins and 1 tie, with 2 games remaining. While very optimistic that we can place first in our Division, it is not a guarantee at this point and thus these funds being raised will either help support our Regional trip this year or in subsequent year playoff trips and team development for the 2018 Season.
The WPSL mission statement:
- Promotion and development of independent women's soccer at the highest level.
- Provide a playing opportunity for the elite women soccer players to play at the highest level.
- All are dedicated to the success of the league as a whole as well as to their own success, recognizing that they cannot long succeed individually without the league succeeding.
- Make every effort to bring quality soccer to all levels of the community and to youth programs.
- Promotion of stature of female athlete as role models for the youth.
How We Got Here
The 2017 season (2nd season NSGSC has participated in the league) has seen the team progress to the top of the Northwest Division (the division includes teams from Washington and Oregon including the Seattle Sounders).
With the size of the league, it is broken into 16 divisions and 4 conferences. NSGSC plays in the Northwest Division in the Western Conference.
If we win the division we become the team to represent the Northwest at the Regional Final's to hopefully win the event to go to the National Final 4 (4 Conference Champions).
With a line-up full of top players we are excited about what these dedicated young women are accomplishing and want to give them every chance to succeed representing NSGSC.
- Our final 2 home games are below. Please do come out in person and support our team!
3pm on Sunday, July 9th at Fen Burdett Stadium vs OSA Football Club
6pm on Saturday, July 15th at Fen Burdett Stadium vs Westside Timbers
- Our NSGSC WPSL team is led by club Technical Director Jesse Symons and Head Coach Sipho Sibiya.
A sample of our highly accomplished players include:
Rheanne Sleiman (North Vancouver-born and raised) 2 x U20 Women’s World Cup, Rutgers University, BC Soccer Female Athlete of the year 2017
Rachel Jones (North Vancouver-born and raised) U17 Women’s World Cup, UBC, U17 Canadian Soccer Player of the Year runner-up
Jaclyn Sawicki (plays with NSGSC Renegades) U20 Women’s World Cup, Senior National team cap, University of Victoria
Aman Shergill – U17 Women’s World Cup, CIS All-Canadian 2nd team, UBC
Olivia Sheppard – current U20 Women’s World Cup roster player, Princeton University
Lucielle Kozlov – (North Vancouver-born and raised) – played at Dartmouth University
Ciara McCormack – (North Vancouver-born and raised) – played and coached at Yale University, Ireland National team
Emma Pringle – (North Vancouver-born and raised) – GNAC rookie of the year, playing at SFU
Join Our Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you to all of our youth club members, parents, Women's program, Indoor League members, North Vancouver and GVA soccer community for your support of our NSGSC's flagship team!
- Please re-post this on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat - or whatever account you use and help rally to get our team to the Western Conference Finals.
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.Join Rally Roster