Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- The Jersey Express is the longest-tenured-team in the ABA, an offshoot of the original American Basketball Association that merged with the NBA in 1976. The current ABA is the largest professional sports league in the United States, with the our franchise joining in 2005. The ABA combines NCAA, FIBA, and NBA rules, with the goal of brining its fans a fast-paced, fan-friendly game.
- The goal of our organization is to balance our desire to win championships while providing our players a platform to showcase their skills, leading to opportunities to play professional basketball oversees. The Jersey Express is proud of our track-record of helping more than 40 former players sign international contracts with professional teams.
Why the Jersey Express are Raising Funds
- The $15,000 will be used in two distinct ways: 1) To build our local footprint through increased marketing and advertising initiatives 2) To increase our national footprint by scheduling additional games with teams throughout North America.
How We Got Here
- The Jersey Express is owned by Marsha Blount, a product of Mout Vernon High School. She made history there by leading the first undefeated team to a state championship her senior year. After a successful college career at Queens College, Marsha has gone on to coah severl semi-pro women's teams before taking over the Experss in 2005. On March 20, 2017, the ABA announced Marsha as its new CEO for the WABA
- The Express is led by 6'6 forward Antoine Obery who starred locally at Felician College where he made 1st-Team all-conference his senior year.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
Thank you for taking the time to view our campaign. This is the first crowdfunding campaign for the Jersey Express as we look to take the organization to the next level for the 2017-2018 season. Your contribution to our organization will be instrumental in our current and future success. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for taking time to support the Jersey Express.