What I do:
I am a 20 year old Canadian national skeleton athlete working towards the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang South Korea.
Why is $20,000 my goal? A typical season including; training, coaching, traveling, and equipment typically costs $30,000-$40,000. Achieving this goal will provide me an opportunity and freedom to train and compete in the 2014/15 season representing Canada. I am looking forward to having "season supporters" to back me in my pursuits. My goal is to have 55 families and friends join around me to meet this goal and grow team Vathje.
I am a skeleton athlete working my way towards the 2018 Winter Olympic Games. People often ask why the heck skeleton?! Who wakes up one day and decides; Yep! I want to fling my self down a frozen waterside on a cookie sheet, with a running start no less. I guess me, certifiably crazy. I have been sliding skeleton for 6 years and competing for 4. When I began skeleton, my only mindset was make it to the Olympics, work my butt off and just get there. As I continue to compete, my goal is still to make it to the 2018 Winter Olympics, and to train hard, but to be aware of the impact I have on other athletes, children, and anyone that I come in contact with. My first and ultimate goal is to love anyone that I meet, to show them that they all have worth, to inspire and encourage them.
How you can help!
There are a couple different ways that you can help!
- Fundraising Event. This year we are going to have a tea and dessert to end this rally. Unlike previous years we are not having a silent auction dinner fundraiser.
- Season Supporter. I am looking forward to having Team Vathje grow! Please donate through this website, to become a "season supporter", ($365-a dollar a day.)
- Additional Support. If you would like to donate more, please feel free to donate on this website or contact me directly.
- Sponsorship Opportunities. If your organization or company would be interested in sponsorship, I have a sponsorship package available, which includes advertising and public speaking engagements.
- Thoughts and Prayers. If you can't donate that is totally okay, please be praying for me, sharing and liking this page/rally to get the word out there
Named to Canadian national team (December 2013)
Silver medalist Jr. World Championship Winterberg Germany (January 2014)
North America’s Cup champion (2013-14 Season);
1 Gold, 2 silver, 1 Bronze medal
Thanks for being a part of Team Vathje!!
Select A Support Level
$365Season Supporter! For just a dollar a day you can become a season supporter!