Welcome to My Rally Campaign
- Mike Lancaster - Head Coach • 8 years of managing experience at the youth baseball level. • 4 years of travel/tournament baseball experience • Over 15 years of Umpire experience • 10 years of experience on the Commerce Little League Board of Directors • Assistant Player / Coach Development Director the South West Oakland Baseball Organization • Played baseball at premium select collage summer leagues
- Matt Duncan - Assistant Coach & Head Training Instructor • 10 years of Military Leadership experience • 3 years of travel/tournament baseball coaching experience • 17 plus years of Umpire experience at the Little League and MHSAA level • Certified personal trainer • Player / Coach Development Director In charge of player development, coaching strategies/tactics, and league philosophy for the South West Oakland Baseball Organization • Chief Operations Officer of C.T.J. Baseball Academy • Owner/Operator of Duncan's Incorporated
- Our Goal of $5,000 will be used to schoarship out 12 althlets to the University of Michigan Summer Baseball Camp and multiple competative compotitions. Without this etra boost the kids will not be able to attend camp as a team.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- Funds will be used for equipment, travel, training, fees, and The University of Michigan Baseball Camp as a Team.
How I Got Here
- We believe that kids gain confidence and a love for the game through positive feedback from parents, coaches, and other players. Skill level develops at different rates for kids, but effort and having fun can always be achieved. We will try to always provide positive feedback for effort. We think it's important that a coach takes more than a casual interest in the players. We strive to talk with all the players 1 on 1 at some point during the practices and games. We may not be successful getting to every player each day, but we want them to know that we are interested in what they have to say and more importantly, we want them to know that their coach likes him/her as a person. We believe in trying to make practices as fun and entertaining for the kids as possible, while providing the practice and instruction that they need to improve. We have found that kids expect and respond to well structured and organized practices. We will strive to keep them moving and active. Teamwork and developing friendships is an important part of any team sport. We always try to tell the kids how important it is for them to support each other and to always be positive towards their teammates. Competition is an important element of any sport and as kids grow they naturally become more competitive. We don't talk to the kids about "needing to win a game" or "how important it is that we win". We feel our role and that of the parents is helping the kids develop the ability to deal with competition in a healthy way. Effort and attitude is our focus. If we can achieve that, then chances are we'll win the number of games that we are capable of winning. We will work on teaching fundamentals and skills during practice, but we believe the game is their time. We will give instruction during the game if we feel it will help with their performance during the game, but in general we will try to let them enjoy the game. We don't think any of the kids want to be told what they did wrong during the game. We hope as parents you will do the same. At this age, one missed ground ball can ruin the game for some kids. If your child misses a ground ball, tell them how proud you were of the effort they made to get in front of it. Strive to make them feel good about their contribution. My goal is to have every child feel that they played a great game that day.
- Have you/your team experienced challenges or overcome obstacles.
- The Southeast Michigan Renegades Baseball Club is an organization that strives to make each player the best they can be thought training and hard work. Our goal is to assist each and every player to take their game to the next level. Mission Statement Our mission is to provide opportunities and exposure while competing at the highest levels in youth baseball and instilling discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship, honesty and integrity. Southeast Michigan Renegades Baseball Club supports the doctrine of "athletes first, winning second." We believe that success is achieved through hard work, discipline, structure, enjoyment, and a willingness to maintain a character initiative on and off of the field of play. We have a strong belief in family, in our community, and we will help other organizations within our community. Team Motto I will always place the Team first; I will never accept defeat; I will never quit; I will never leave a fallen teammate.
- Below is the signed player commitment.
- Player Contract I have agreed to become a member of the Southeast Michigan Renegades Baseball Club. As a member of this team, I will do my best to obey these rules and regulations set forth in the Player Contact. 1. I will always hustle. I will hustle on and off the field, on every ball I hit, on the bases and in the field. 2. I will respect my coaches and parents and do as they ask. I understand that they come from a place of experience and want to help me become the best I can be. 3. I will not use drugs or alcohol. I will always set a good example and represent my team with class. 4. I will practice good sportsmanship before, during and after games. I will appreciate the good play of our opponents and remain humble during my shining moments. 5. I will treat all opposing players, coaches and fans with respect. 6. I will respect decisions made by the umpires. I cannot change their decisions, and I recognize my reaction may reflect poorly on both me and my team. 7. I will handle winning with class and losing with grace. A player’s true character is shown in handling both winning and losing with similar reflection and appreciation. 8. I will never quit. No matter the score, inning or number of outs, I will always give my best. My teammates deserve nothing less. 9. I will work hard when no one is watching. My work ethic is based on the hard work I put in during games and practices as well as at home. 10. I will never throw a bat or other equipment in anger. Not only is this unsafe, but it is a selfish display of poor selfcontrol, bad sportsmanship, & disrespect towards the team. 11. I will treat practices seriously and give 110% effort at all times. 12. I will practice self-control, setting a positive example for others. 13. I will always support and encourage my teammates. I will be helpful and courteous, treating my teammates the way I would want to be treated. 14. I will respect the facilities we are provided for practices and games. I will not damage equipment, I will clean up when we’re done. 15. I will represent my team with class. I understand that how I behave and present myself will reflect either positively or negatively on my teammates and the coaches. 16. I will remain in the dugout during games at all times, unless approved by a coach. My focus needs to be between the lines. 17. I understand my grades in school and behavior at home and outside of baseball may impact my position on the team. There is more to life than baseball. 18. I will embrace my role, position on the field and in the lineup, and I will not complain or feel sorry for myself. This is a team, and I will always do what is necessary for the team to be successful.
- Team Core Values Integrity We are committed to the highest sense of integrity encompassing every aspect of our behavior as members of the Renegades Baseball Club. We strive for high moral character, honor, respect and honesty in all our actions realizing that the strength of a team is based on the integrity of its members. Competitive Spirit We use the competitive spirit and sportsmanship we develop as teammates to do our best to become the very best. Our goal is to win and to excel at the highest level while acting and competing in a way that reflects our core values. Teamwork Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common goal and direct individual accomplishments toward the team’s objectives. Excellence Excellence is giving maximum effort at all times to reach our full potential.
Join My Team and Spread the Word!
- Thank you to anyone and eveyone who chooses to support use. Please share your Rally via the social media share buttons on your page, and check out our information below.
Share our Current Webiste
And our Team apparel
Select A Support Level
$250All Of The Abovesigned 4x6 in action photo emailed photo of you holding a sign that says "Thank you!" team merchandise (t-shirt, hat, bag, stickers) postcard from an event or training camp