Welcome to Our Rally Campaign
- We are Bangor Area Wrestling
- Our vision is that all school aged athletes wishing to wrestle have resources and support to thrive on and off the mat.
The Mission of Bangor Area Wrestling is to provide resources for stakeholders (wrestlers, coaches, families, and school administrators) wishing to develop the wrestling skills of K-12 grade students that will attend high school in Bangor/Brewer/Hampden/Old Town/Orono/Hermon. The organization supports entities and activities that are in alliance with the vision of Bangor Area Wrestling. Emphasis is placed on activities that support student growth as athletes and responsible citizens as well as coach development. Bangor Area Wrestling fosters a supportive community for all to enjoy the sport of wrestling.
Why We Are Raising Funds
- To give our wrestlers the opportunity to compete in the Pine Tree Middle School Wrestling League in order to access competition, develop wrestler understanding of wrestling for a team and maintaining fitness through a season as they wrestle in a specific weight class.
How We Got Here
The coaches and volunteers that have supported the youth wrestling program hosted by Bangor Parks & Recreation since 2014 wish to continue meeting the needs of our wrestlers. In 2017, we had 54 wrestlers registered for the program. In 2018, our fifth year, 21 of those wrestlers will be eligible to participate in the Pine Tree Middle School Wrestling League (for 5th-8th graders). There are at least 16 additional wrestlers that will be eligible in 2019. We always welcome new wrestlers, middle school is a great time to start wrestling! The newly established Bangor Area Wrestling is designed to grow with the needs of our wrestlers and the community. In addition, the program has become a regional collaboration with 60% of the participants from Bangor and 40% from area communities. We have volunteer coaches representing the towns of: Bangor, Brewer, Hampden, Orono, Old Town, Argyle, Bradley, and Holden.
Join Our Team and Spread the Word!
Thank you for your financial support for our inaugural season this February and March of 2018. Be sure to spread the word and follow us. We hope you will attend an upcoming competition and celebrate our wrestlers!
- Do you know of a wrestler or coach that would be interested in joining us? Please encourage them to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit www.bangorareawrestling.com
- Bangor Area Wrestling is diligently working towards 501c-3 status. Our goal is that your donation will be tax deductible for the 2017 tax year. We’ll keep you informed of our progress!
Groups and individuals raising money for the same goal.Join Rally Roster