The Kids of Hoboken Need more Wrestling.
- A message from Coach Jeff: When we began youth wrestling in 2009, Hoboken youth wrestling had not existed in over 30 years. Hoboken PAL & Rec. provide us with a great budget, but as the program continues to grow (from 11 to over 80) the need for funding has grown as well. Our goal is to fund three full scholarships to our youth wrestlers. We want to continue to provide year-round training, access to collegiate recruiting and enrichment events for our kids. Many of the kids in our program are unable to afford these chances but Dave and I never turn away a wrestler who can not affod training. Unforunately we are limited in our ability to support the kids beyond that. The goal of this event is to kick off fundraising, build community, and support the youth in our programs. Please expand support for our kids programming by helping us fund their growth.
- Money raised will provide youth wrestlers with expanded opportunities for enrichment, skill development and exposure to college recruitment.
- $1,200 funds a Full Year Scholarship or trip to Fargo.
- $350 funds a partial Scholarship or a Summer Camp.
- $100 covers travel costs to a tournament for 1 wrestler
- $50 funds shoes.
- $20 funds a headgear.
- 100% of our first generation wrestlers have gone on to attend college; with over 50% choosing to continue wrestling in college. We want to continue to support those opportunites and expand experiences that drive this passion.
- Unforuntately, donations are not currently tax exempt.
Join us at the Edge:
- Friday, September 29th
- 6:00 - 7:30 @ Edge Open Mat - Kids Wreslting Mat 1, Adult Wrestling Mat 2, Jiu Jitsu Mat 3
- 7:30 - 9:00PM Casual Dinner and Social @ Edge Hoboken
- 9:00 - 11:00PM @ Green Rock Hoboken
For more information on the Hoboken Sharks and Edge Hoboken Kids, follow our facebook